update


BREAKING NEWS: Three suspects in the cannibalism case are released

Suspects in the cannibalism case appeared in court this morning.

Charges of murder and conspiracy to commit murder have been provisionally withdrawn against three of the men implicated in the cannibalism case.

SEE THIS: Cannibalism case: Pictures from the Estcourt Magistrate’s Court today

The seven suspects appeared in the Estcourt Magistrate’s Court this morning.

Senior Prosecutor Mr Zuma said that he had received an instruction from the District Public Prosecutor to provisionally withdraw charges against Lindokuhle Masondo, Wiseman Madlala and Sazi Ndlovu.

ALSO READ: Seventh suspect appears alongside co-accused in cannibalism case

He explained that the withdrawal of charges was provisional and may or may not be reinstated pending the outcome of the on-going investigation.

SEE THIS: VIDEO: Locals protest against the bail application of cannibal suspects

The court was also told that the remaining accused Nino Mbatha, Sithembiso Sithole, Lungisani Magubane and Khayelihle Lamula would be exercising their right to apply to bail, they had previously abandoned their bail application.

READ THE STORY HERE: Suspected cannibals abandon bail

A date for the bail application was set for October 27 and they were remanded in custody.

Click to receive news links via WhatsApp. Or for the latest news, visit our webpage or follow us on Facebook and Twitter

  AUTHOR
Ronelle Mungaroo
Editor

Latest News

COMMENTS

Top
Recommended Story x
UPDATE: Fifth suspect in ‘flesh-eating case’ arrested