1. The association must be inclusive of all ratepayers of Estcourt, with subcommittees from outlying areas e.g. Wembezi, Weenen to represent those areas.
2. Ward Councillors must be invited to all meetings, as well as council representatives.
3. A representative from the media must be present to provide the community with feedback.
4. Local attorneys from the different population groups should be approached to provide free legal services.
5. Street representatives could add value by becoming ‘mouthpieces’ of their respective streets, and also provide feedback to the ratepayers that they represent.
6. As a first step:
a) Meeting with council to highlight problems, known to all, and specific dates when such matters would be attended to.
b) Failure to do so should result in opening a banking account where all rates are deposited. Proper control and organisation are important. Payments to council should be made for specific service delivery. Monies will be withheld for non-delivery.
c) Monthly meetings must be held.
d) Council could be offered assistance by making available community reps to help council personnel as they lack skills in their representative fields of work.